Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Phantoms

I figured now would be a good time to share one of my favorite films: Phantoms. I adore Liev Schreiber and Dean Koontz, so this film is right up my alley. Any fan of Koontz knows that no movie ever made from one of his novels has ever done the book justice. Phantoms comes pretty darn close.

This film also has Rose McGowan in it. She almost seems out of place in the film, but then again, her character is supposed to be a little out of place.

The basic premise is this...

Big sister takes little sister to live with her in a small mountain town...
They arrive and all hell breaks loose...

Is it a disease, or... ?

"It's just a bundt cake... it's just a bundt cake..."

Ben Affleck... before he was well-known:

Liev Schreiber is delightfully creepy...

With Peter O'Toole, they try to unravel the mystery of who or what has decimated the town...
Phantoms IMDB here.

Phantoms has some of the best lines in it. "Heyyyy, ya wanna see something?" And I'll never think of the song, "I Fall To Pieces" the same.

This is one of those films that I've seen so much that I curl up and go to sleep with it playing. That may seem like a negative to some, but I consider this to be a "comfort movie." Other movies that I use to lull myself to sleep if I have insomnia: Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness (ok, I see a trend), Alien Apocalypse, Safe House, Star Trek: First Contact, and Star Trek: Insurrection. There are more, but those are the ones I watch most often late at night when I should be asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment