Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Wreathmaking

Those of you who know me know that I work on a farm. This time of the season, we're whipping out the rustic crafts. I'm not the most crafty person, so when  I was approached to make wreaths this afternoon, I was apprehensive at best. My last experience with wreath-making was about 20 years ago.

I remembered the concept, but the finesse took a little while. The wreath maker is easy to operate. However, I was totally wrong on the size of branches to use. The first attempt turned out to be a 15lb behemoth that looked like a tree that had a bad hair day. I would have taken a photo of the ugly thing, but I disassembled it so I wouldn't have to look at the ridiculous evidence of my lack of craftiness.

Lucky for me, my second, third and fourth attempts looked better. In fact, the second one sold before I left the farm for the day. Much better on the arms than two hours of weeding.

For the lack of crafty farm photos, here's another member of my Army of Duckness!

No comments:

Post a Comment