Thursday, December 8, 2011

First aid for ducks...

Today was an interesting day. I went out to clean the duck house and discovered that my girl, Clumsy, was barely getting around. Her foot wouldn't lay flat and she was holding her leg at a weird angle. So after giving her a warm bath in the loft bathtub, I went to work splinting her foot and leg joint.
Here's poor Clumsy's leg after the splint and wrap. Clumsy is a Pekin, which is a heavy duck, hence the likelihood of leg and foot injuries. I'm thinking the real solution is to put her on a diet. If she doesn't improve, I'm going to have to eat her. And I'd really rather not eat one of my prime layers if I have a choice.

Clumsy's mad at me...

Ducky stinkeye...

Clumsy is going to be spending at least ten days in the ducky hospital. We shall see how she progresses.

I love my Clumsy! And yes, that's what I look like when I'm working outside. *embarassed*

1 comment: