Sunday, January 8, 2012

Diving Ducks of Puget Sound

I got a new (to me) camera about a year and a half ago and had never had much of a chance to figure out how to use it. It's my only digital SLR and I suspected I'd actually have to (*gasp*) read the manual in order to use it well. After procrastinating for oh-so-long, I took it out to the park to play with it for a while today.

After figuring out what the obnoxious error message was (I had the lens settings wrong), I took these little gems. Wish the diving ducks had come closer, but they were a little afraid of me and my little clicking box.

I've still got to spend some more time with this camera before I'm totally comfortable with it, but it's a start. The birds with the long, skinny beaks and mohawk-y looking hair are cormorants, I believe.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your photographs. I found your website because I was trying to find photos to identify ducks of Puget sound.


    If you have the ability to name the ducks you photograph, that would be really helpful to a beginning natural such as myself. Thanks again for the great photos.

    ReplyDelete